American Operations Corporation (AOC) was founded in 1983 by L. Frank Field, a graduate of the United States Naval Academy. After serving in the US Navy on nuclear submarines and overseas bases as a logistics officer, Mr. Field was appointed by the Ford Administration to be the Director of Operations of the Strategic Petroleum Reserves under the Federal Energy Administration, the predecessor to the Department of Energy (DOE). Following his employment with DOE, Mr. Field formed an entrepreneurial business doing work for the Federal Government called AOC.
Mr. Field took AOC in the direction of focusing primarily on military base operations and maintenance (O&M) support service contracts with the Federal Government. This included providing facilities infrastructure services in the areas of construction, quality control, utilities O&M, facilities engineering, building maintenance and operations, motor pool O&M, supply warehousing, automated maintenance system delivery and plant maintenance. During this time, AOC achieved proven, exceptional performance on O&M, logistics and program management support contracts including:
- O&M for Falcon AFB, CO, one of the most highly secured and most sensitive facilities in the Federal Government
- Transportation Motor Pool O&M at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
- O&M support of the Army’s multi-purpose range and training operations in Yakima, WA
- O&M Support for the Army 7th Signal Command, Fort Ritchie, MD
- O&M Support to the Marine and Offshore Supply Base, Batam, Government of Indonesia
- Marine Corp Recruiting Depot O&M Support, Parris Island
- Utilities, plans, heavy equipment and system maintenance for Naval Station. Mayport, FL
- Base Operating Support Services (BOSS) at Naval Air Facility, El Centro, CA
- Accounting and business development services to the logistical support contract to the USAF Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) MQ-1B O&M Services contract
- IT support and network management and telecommunications services to a variety of Federal clients throughout the Washington, D.C. area
- Performance measurement management for Federal Government contractors
Today AOC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), with its headquarters office located in Chantilly, VA. The AOC “Family of Companies” is based on a unique business model which provides for an enterprise platform that leads all capture and proposal efforts and deploys the contracts to the AOC operating Limited Liability Companies (LLC). Through its innovative business model AOC forms Limited Liability Companies in order to team with other companies to gain prime past performance from its partners.